Thursday, June 25, 2009

what a shock

michael jackson is dead.
michael jackson was a hero to my childhood: a personal escape with endless hours spent rocking out to my records and dressing up like him with homemade sequined gloves. everyday after preschool, i would run to my friends house to watch "the making of thriller" on vhs, and every day it amazed me. in college, i made a tribute website with a friend. partly in jest, and partly because it was actually cool and terribly amusing at the time.

i made a special request at my wedding to ensure that my dj brought all of michael jacksons earlier albums. i replaced my own records with cassettes, and later cd's, but i still kept the vinyl. and the clothes. i still regularly sing 'human nature' in the shower. i even shamelessly performed (the entire) '"thriller dance" at my cousins wedding last year. as a married old mother-of-two. not an easy task in wedge heels. i am deeply saddened. regardless of what one thinks of his personal life, his talent was undeniable.

the king of pop is dead!

the king of pop is dead.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Nick's Aunt asked me later "Who was that girl dancing to Michael Jackson and how did she know it at her age?" She didn't believe me when I told her you were 29 :)