Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

My (last) sister-in-law discovered this earlier in the week. It totally rearranged my thinking.

I hope you all have an incredible holiday season and celebrate what is truly important to you.


************

Gratitude is something that fuels love - it should be practiced daily. Not once a year.

A daily prayer of mine as I go about my day goes something like this:

Thank you Lord for these dishes to wash, because it means we had food to put on them.

Thank you Lord for this pile of laundry to do because it means we have more than one pair of clothes.

Thank you Lord for this electric/gas bill because it means that we have hot water and a heated house.

Thank you Lord for messy rooms, because it means they have toys to grow the creativity you put in them.

Thank you Lord for bottoms to wipe because it means that they had food to eat.

Thank you Lord for kids who call us in the middle of the night, because it means they know they have parents who will answer them.

Thank you Lord that I can't decide what to make for dinner, because it means that I have a choice.

Thank you Lord.
Thank you Lord.

No comments: