Wednesday, June 07, 2006

my birthday

thanks for all of the warm wishes. i can't believe that i'm (gulp) 27. gross. i guess the good thing is that 97% of my friends are older than me.

oh man, so let me give you some highlights:

my birthday this year was 06/06/06. i have fond memories of 06/06/86 when i thought that i was theee coolest kid ever going around saying that i was going to be six on 6/6/86 and then it dawned on me... damn. i was going to be seven.

and now, twenty years later... i'm twenty seven. i don't know why i didn't think about this oddity in 1996. probeblly because i was at adam's graduation or busy sorting apples. hmm.

my sister & josh met ky & i at p.f.changs for a wonderful lunch (photos forthcoming)

my dear husband spent most of tuesday saying that he was "married to lucifer." don't laugh. he's not nice.

my dad (crazy, crazy man) sent me a box of 21 stuffed birds with funny hand-written comments such as "we just flu by" "where's the wacky tabaccy?" and "we are the counting crows." one of them was holding a nice birthday check. for those that do not know my dad, he is a very serious college professor and works eighty-bajillion obsessive hours a week and is a total perfectionist. (imagine my sister on a much larger scale.) anyway, schools out for summer and he is at his house up north totally relaxing. he's always a new man in the summer, so when a beer glass box arrived wrapped in tyvek tape, i knew it was going to be good. (although i'm rather sick of tyvek tape!)

so my mom came over to watch ky and adam and i went out to dinner like normal folk. it was great.

No comments: