Wednesday, May 31, 2006

new porch pets

teresa is always watching webcam birds, but this is the real thing. so teresa, if you're totally jealous, you can come see them live. haha.

my frog has yet to return, but for the past few weeks i have had a nest of sparrow's in my porch column. i'm not sure how many are in there as they are fairly quiet, but the mom & dad are always sitting on the railing to keep the babies fed, happy & safe.

last week, one baby jumped ship (which was both gross & sad) and he was still feather-less, but about the size of a weeble. (sorry- if you don't have kids, click here. they're not the same as our 1970's version)

because my birds were dive-bombing any visitors and my poor contractors, i had to put up a warning. the painters were mildly frightened.

here is big momma & daddy-o sparrow yelling at me from my neighbors roof.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I think I will stick with watching the web cam. With the web cam I can be up close and personal without having to worry about any angry parents dive bombing my head. :o)

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

sissy.

Teresa said...

I had a feeling you would write something like that after my post!

Plus I have Dove babies to watch at Michelle's house. They don't dive bomb you when you get close.

Meagan Vanover, CWP said...

don't mess with the bull.

:)