Wednesday, March 30, 2005

nine months and counting

below is a picture of my baby two days after her birth. it's hard to believe that she is already nine months old. what is more unbelievable is that the amount of time that i have had her is the length of my pregnancy. that is a long freaking time. as i was never one to enjoy pregnancy, it seems more and more unlikely that i will produce another child any time soon. i distinctly remember huffing and puffing in my ninth month at the grocery store with strangers pushing past me. as i struggled to lift 20 pound bags of ice, i finally got severly annoyed and dropped them on the floor. i walked over to the service desk and asked them if someone could help me. from that point on, i had someone with me at all times throughout the store, even to help lift a bottle of soda. they would even load up my car. ahhh, i felt rather ritzy instead of fat and pregnant, but no- that was not fun and i don't want to go back there. haha. give me a couple years- i'm still recovering and the thought of more tiny little feet kicking my rib cage does not seem so fabulous at the moment. kylinn will have siblings: don't worry- sooner than later, but not quite so soon.

so what has ky accomplished in the past month?
  • creating her own sign language, which we understand
  • pulling herself up on me as i walk by
  • climbing into her jumparoo when she deems it necessary
  • kissing on command
  • kissing the kitties and taking a bite while she pins them down
  • waving to strangers
  • holding books and pretending to read
  • throwing
  • drinking from a cup
  • 28 3/4 inches (she is in-between growth spurts)
  • 19.4 precious little pounds

we are working on walking! we may regret this later.


ky leaving the hospital 22 june 2004

No comments: